Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cubs Grab Pena

Pena goes to Cubbies
After trading away Derrek Lee last season, the Chicago Cubs have signed a free-agent to replace the slugger.  The Cubbies have agreed to a 1-year, $10M deal with first-baseman Carlos Pena.  Pena is a feast-or-famine hitter who hit .196 in a full season last year with 28 HR, 84 RBI and almost two-hundred strike-outs.  He is also a good defensive player and clubhouse presence, so the Cubs made a smart deal here in my opinion.  The price is a bit high, but a 1-year deal almost always merits an overpriced payment.  Pena will look to rebound in the National League, and give the Cubs a much-needed lefty bat in the middle of their lineup.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!