Friday, November 12, 2010

Free-Agent Predictions: Part 4

7. Rafael Soriano:  Soriano was by far one of the best closers in baseball last year, and he will definitely get paid like it.  One problem is that there does not seem to be too many teams that have enough money to spend on a closer the tier of Rafael.  I see the Atlanta Braves wanting Rafael back in Atlanta (he was there in 09), especially since their closer Billy Wagner has announced his retirement.  The Angels and Diamondbacks may also be in play.  4-years $39.5M

8. Paul Konerko: The power-filled Konerko hit  .312 with 39 jacks with 111 RBI in 2010, but seems to be a ticking time bomb in the sense that he is 35-years old.  After such a large 2010 though he will get his money, but the length of the team will most likely not be longer  than 2-years.  I'm going with the Baltimore Orioles  with this pick.  2-year $18M

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!