Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tigers Sign Victor Martinez

Martinez gets $50M from DET
Just as I predicted earlier, the Detroit Tigers have signed catcher Victor Martinez to a 4-year $50M contract. Quite a bit of money (I only predicted 3-yr/$27M), especially when you consider he will do most of his time DH'ing, but he brings a switch-hitting bat which any team would love to have.  The 2010 All-Star hit .302 with 20HR and 79RBI in 127 games for The Red Sox, and is a career .300 hitter in 9 seasons.  Victor is a Type-A free-agent, so the Red Sox will receive Detroit's 19th pick as compensation for losing of their key hitters. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!