Friday, November 9, 2007

Giants Re-Sign Vizquel


From MVN.com (my other site)
"The San Francisco Giants have chosen to re-sign 41-year old short-stop Omar Vizquel to a 1-year deal worth $5.3M. The contract also includes an option for 2008, which will be exercised if Omar plays in 140 games next season. If he fails to do so, the Giants can buy-out the contract for $300,000.

Very awkward, as Vizquel is coming off his worst season since his ‘89 rookie year and is still receiving a raise from his $4M salary last season. Omar hit a mere .246, only hitting 4 HR’s and driving in 51 in 145 games.

Analysis: I thought the Giants were looking to get younger this off season? Looks like GM Brian Sabean wants to retain yet another veteran to hit sub-.250 and collect $5.3M. If I were a Giant fan, I would be completely assaulted with the move, as we lose another $1.3M in salary and must watch a 41-year old short stop make the occasional play or two." (MVN.com)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!