Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Mariano Hasn't Responded to 3/$39M


SI.com is reporting that closer Mariano Rivera has not responded to a 3-year $39M contract the New York Yankees have offered him. Seems like a very generous deal for Mariano, who is 38-years old and didn't have a Rivera-like 2007.

Seems like the Yankees are just trying to keep some names around, as they will struggle to find an identity without Alex Rodriguez and Joe Torre. I would think Mariano would be quite foolish to turn down this contract unless he can get the exact same amount on another team, which is highly doubtful.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!