Saturday, November 3, 2007

Sammy Needs $7M To Play Next Year


Free-Agent Sammy Sosa told reporters that he will retire next season unless a team can offer him a $7M contract. Sammy, I'm sorry but you have lost it. His 676OPS last year against RHP was quite pathetic, and he would be lucky to get $1M next year. He did drive in quite a few runs, but was absolutely horrific in the outfield.

Looks like Sammy's return will be short-lived, as he's put an absolutely embarrasing offer on the table. He could, however, just have made that claim to prove that the team he signs with is getting a "bargain" but I doubt it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!