Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Braves Done With Andruw


The Atlanta Braves made it clear today that they will not re-sign centerfielder Andruw Jones in the offseason, creating quite a stir in the free-agent market. One of my highly touted friends and myself believe that an Andruw Jones signing with the Washington Nationals would make sense for both parties, especially as this would free up a trade of either Nook Logan or Austin Kearns for another starter to put in the Nats' rotation.

Jones hit a mere .222 but still was able to hit 26HR and drive in 94. He also kept his OBP over .300, meaning his average wasn't the entire story of the season. The deal will cost Andruw quite a bit of cash however, and I can't wait to see how much Scott Boras can squeeze out for such a pathetic season on Andruw's part.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!