Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Cardinals Release Maroth


The St. Louis Cardinals have cut ties with ex-Tiger's pitcher Mike Maroth today, after the lefty went 0-5 with a 10.66 ERA in 7 starts and 7 relief apperances. This makes the pitcher's market slightly better, as there will be a handful of teams interested in Mike to be their 5th starter. Don't forget he was 5-2 with a 4.19 ERA in 53.2 innings for the Tigers in '06 and was a consistant 200+ innings-pitcher through '04-'05.

Maroth still had one year of arbitration left on his deal, making $2.95M this season. I can easily see a 3-year $15M deal handed out somewhere in need of some pitching, Tampa Bay maybe?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!