Saturday, October 13, 2007

Nationals Release Two Infielders


The Washington Nationals out-righted both Tony Batista and D'Angelo Jimenez to the minor-leagues, sending both to free-agency. Hopefully its not just me, but I would love to have D'Angelo Jimenez as my back-up second baseman, especially with his ability to get on base. In 73 games for the Nationals, D'Angelo hit .245 with an off-the-charts .379 OBP. He also played a very good 2B. As for Batista, he collected 16 RBI's in 101 AB's with an OBP of .347. Two decent outfielders were released by Washington, opening my eyes with D'Angelo Jimenez. He would look very good in a St. Louis Cardinals uniform eh?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!