Saturday, October 6, 2007

Seattle Cleans House


New manager John McLaren decided that he would let go his entire coaching staff, 5 in all, except for hitting coach Jeff Pentland. "It wasn't easy," McLaren said by phone from Arizona. "I've been on the other side. I know what it's like" (Seattle Times). John believes that it will be a much better idea to bring back guys he has a history with and can hopefully continue Seattle's new found confidence.

Most believe McLaren wants to hire ex-Yankees and Mets pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre, who was interviewed for the Mariner's job prior to the '06 season but wasn't selected.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!