Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Biggio says goodbye after '07


The crafty twenty year old veteran, who has captured the lives of many with his ability to play, has decided to retire at the end of this year. Craig Biggio announced that he will retire following this year, as September 30th will be his last game, ending a potential Hall of Fame career, producing more than 3,000 hits, nearly 300 homers and six postseason appearances. And you know that Biggio has given this a deep thought, as his emotions poured out when he said, "I love the game," Biggio said. "I'm going to miss putting my feet in the spikes every day. I'm going to miss the dads coming up to you and thanking you for the way you played the game, the little kids coming up to you and asking for your autograph, seeing them smile and having a good time at the game. I'm going to miss all of that."

Biggio will likely play the first game of each series from here on out, and then the rest will go to Chris Burke. However, Biggio favors three other stadiums - (Busch, Wrigley, Shea), and will most likley play the first and last games in those series. Biggio has also said that he wants to play catcher the last game of the season, where his career started.

"It's going to be tough, but I'm at peace with all of this. I'm at peace with my decision and I'm at peace with how things have gone for me. I'm in a good place. I've had a storybook career. It's been an incredible journey."

"Written by Doug of Major League Ramblings"

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!