Monday, July 30, 2007

Met's fill second base void with Twin's Castillo


The New York Mets have acquired the speedy veteran Luis Castillo today from the Twins for minor league prospects Drew Butera and Dustin Martin. The three-time gold glover and two time NL leading base stealer will be a great addition to the Mets already stellar infield. Castillo will give the Mets more speed at the top of the order, as he will sit in the top 2 along with Jose Reyes.

As a Mets fan, I think this was a great acquisition. With Jose Valentin injured, the Mets acquire what is in my mind, a great 3-tool player for two sub-par minor league players. He runs, he hits, and he fields spectacular, so this was definitely a great pick up. Minaya strikes again.

-Written by Kenny Schiumo of Major League Ramblings

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!