Monday, July 30, 2007

Phillies acquire Kyle Lohse from Reds


The Phillies have acquired right-handed SP Kyle Lohse from the Cincinnati Red's for promising young pitcher Matt Maloney. Lohse is 6-12 on the year with a 4.58 ERA. The upside to Lohse is that he is only 28 and will attempt to help the Phillies with their injury ridden pitching staff. Matt Maloney, who is 23, is 9-7 with a 3.94 ERA. He is definitely a great pick up for the Reds who will probably rebuild their team in time.

In my opinion, the Phillies screwed up big time. They lost a great pitcher for the future who was durable and promising for a quick fix. Lohse has had woes his whole career will not help the Phillies pitching staff at all, even with their great offense. I think that he will bring them down, but only time will tell.

- Written by Kenny Schiumo of Major League Ramblings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have to disagree with you. Lohse has pitched brilliantly in some starts, however, in others, he has got shelled. But, a 4.58 ERA is not TERRIBLE!!! That is around league average. And no, I'm not a reds fan.

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!