Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bedard Cy Young Winner?


Baltimore left-hander Erik Bedard has been pitching amazingly all season and I wanted to put the spotlight on the young Navan, Ontario native. Erik struck out 11 Ranger batters today through 7-innings and tied the Oriole record for season strikeouts at 218. Coming along with those league-leading 218 strikeouts, Bedard has only walked 52 en-route to his 13-4 season. His ERA stands at 2.97, fourth in the American League.

With almost a month left in the season, I would have to say that Erik Bedard deserves to win this year's Cy Young, even with Dan Haren and Josh Beckett out there.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!