Friday, August 17, 2007

Tigers Make Major Moves


The Detroit Tigers have designated outfielder Craig Monroe and brought up 20-year old outfielder Cameron Maybin. Wierd move if you ask me, especially with Monroe being their everyday left-fielder. I mean, a .222 average is bad, but Craig's hit 11 dingers and drove in 55 runs this year and did wonders for the team last year in the playoffs.

Maybin is a mega-prospect, but was barely in Double-A at the time of the promotion. He was hitting .400 with 4 HR's and 8 RBI after a .304 10 44 Single-A run. You gotta believe Cameron is gonna be a star, but he's only 20 years of age. Is he really gonna be good enough to play in the playoffs and maybe even the world series in two months? I doubt it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!