Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sweeney Resigning Looking More Imminent


“I think this team is going to turn into a winning team real soon,” he said, “and I definitely want to be here when it happens. Next year, rather than being tagged with being the $11 million man, I’ll be the guy who is getting $11 over the minimum.”

Quotes earlier in the week by Royals captain Mike Sweeney, who hasn't played more than 100 games in 5 seasons. Most people give the blame of the Royals' woes to Sweeney who has taken $11M of their budgets per season just to sit on the DL. But with Mike's current attitude, it could turn wonderful for Dayton Moore. Think about how much it costs for a power-hitter in the free-agent market. If Billy Butler proves he can play an audible first-base, a Sweeney resigning, especially for close to minimum as he asks, would save KC lots of money and allow them to sign another big pitcher.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fullerton, California, United States
Hey, this is Josh Jones, been an Angel fan for about all my life and love talking baseball with anyone. If you visit the site, I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment the blogs that I've made.Thanks in advance!!